I have worked in retail Financial Services since 1986, starting out with a Building Society developing professional connections and offering mortgage advice, before moving on to a work for an investment house where I worked with IFAs, specialising in portfolio management and executive pensions advice.
In 1989, I joined an established IFA practice in the West End of London giving investment, taxation planning and mortgage advice to high net worth clients in the entertainment world. I hold the Financial Planning Certificate and advanced papers in Taxation & Trusts and Pensions, as well as CeMap and MAQ.
In 1998, I had the opportunity to work on a major business review project, which sparked my career-long interest in all things remediation, and a move to consulting. Since 2003 I have worked with Enterprise Learning, where suitability of advice and achieving positive customer outcomes is the thread that has run through all my work.
I have particular experience of reviewing, developing and implementing:
- Product/Service Remediation Projects
- Suitable Sales and advice/non-advice processes
- Quality Assurance Frameworks
I have led many of Enterprise Learning’s projects, particularly in relation to regulatory and conduct issues. Recent examples include the:
- development and implementation of a complex review into outcomes for Mortgage Arrears Customers of a Major Bank
- design and delivery of Behavioural Economics Seminar, focusing on practical education within the Retail Financial Services arena
- review of the Quality Assurance approach in measuring suitable outcomes in an energy sales contact centre for a large insurer
- working alongside a specialist process re-engineering firm, providing regulatory and conduct input into a revised mortgage application process – specifically with regard to smarter consumer communications
Recent clients include Co-op Bank, The AA, Centrica, HomeServe, Clydesdale Bank, The Lloyds Banking Group, the Financial Conduct Authority, Openwork, RSM Tenon, HBOS, Legal & General and Norwich Union/The Lifetime Group.
I speak at conferences and national forums on regulatory and conduct issues, and Behavioural Insights.